Wednesday, December 13, 2006

If you ever going to NY

I've been planning for a trip to NY for this winter break. The Big Three of my main foodie sites that I've been using to plan all of my restaurant adventures:

- www.chowhound.com
- www.yelp.com
-www.menupages.com

How I find my food:
Step 1) stalk random New Yorkers' food blogs for good restaurant recommendations
Step 2) Cross-reference restaurants on Chowhound and Yelp for reviews.
Step 3) If 75% of ppl or more give the restaurants a thumbs up, then I go to the final stage of clicking on Menupages to check the prices and selections.

The site www.menupages.com is beyond awesome. It has the full menu (sometimes no lunch menu though) of 99% restaurant in New York, including some of the tiny Chinatown diners. That is comprehensive! I now know exactly how much I'm going to spend on every meal. Of course this can be sad too when you don't have any new surprises when you open that menu in the actual restaurant, but totally awesome for the obsessive foodie like me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, FYI: Menupages is in San Francisco (and other cities) too.

http://sanfrancisco.menupages.com/